|Taking some Tasting Session notes while brewing at a buddies house in EastLake|
Last June, I got together with Eric, Danny and Sisco to blend our 2013 Flanders Red Ale. (Which we normally do each September, but the timing was off this year) Eric, Danny and myself all had variants of our house Flanders ready to go. Plus, I always brew a clean malty beer for some added mouthfeel (if needed) during blending. Here is a quick overview of the beers we used.
- Eric brought his Flanders Red ale fermented w/ DeeperRoots Flanders House blend yeast*
- Danny brought his Flanders Red ale fermented w/ DeeperRoots Flanders House blend yeast*
- I brought my Gail Belgian Dark Strong, fermented clean w/ WLP550 Yeast
- I brought my Invocation American Sour Ale , 100% Wild, which had really gotten clean and tart.
- I brought my 2013 Farmers Daughter 2013 Base (recipe below) fermented with my house Flanders pitch (Called LB-Flanders) *1