Below is my personal recipe collection. Most of the beers below have been brewed multiple times with some level of success. All beers sent off to any competitions will have scores listed and/or awards placed regardless of the score.
Remember, "It's just beer." Enjoy
Delbruck - A classic Berliner-Weisse w/a WLP677 natural Lacto starter. Brewed annually
American Sour Ales:
- BJCP Judged 40/50 NHC 2013 San Diego Region Mini-BOS
- Blend #7 Tasting Notes]
- BJCP Judged 41/50 America's Finest City 2015, 3rd Place overall
- BJCP Judged 38/50 NHC Austin 2015, did not advance
Traditional Ales (House Staples):
4 Rings Session IPA - A 4.5% Session IPA, big on flavor and hop aromas.
- BJCP Judged 38/50 NHC 2014 Austin, Tx Region, Mini-BOS
- BJCP Judged 33.5/50 NHC 2013 San Diego, Ca Region Mini-BOS
- BJCP Judged 35/50 America's Finest City 2015
- My Tasting Notes
- BJCP Judged 36/50 NHC 2014 Austin, Tx Region, 3rd Place Advancing to Nationals
- BJCP Judged 39.5/50 2014 America's Finest City Homebrew Comp, 3rd place
- BJCP Judged 34/50 2014 NHC Second Round in Grand Rapids
Naked:(Insert Hop Here) - This is based off Russian Rivers Row 2 Hill 56 Pale Ale. Originally with 100% Simcoe
- My Tasting Notes Naked:Azzaca - A new orange rind hop just released.
- My Tasting Notes Naked:Simcoe - I've now brewed this over 7 times (before 7/14)
- My Tasting Notes Naked:Chinook -
Traditional Ales (Experimental-Still Tweaking):
- Personal Tasting Notes
- BJCP Judged 31/50, 2013 America's Finest City Homebrew Comp All judges had notes of "Out Of Style"Picking up the coffee notes.
Hop Goblin IPA - A big 9.6% bomb with massive Simcoe and Summit dry hopping.
California Common and Lager Styles:
Brett Primary Fermented Beers/Meads:
Yellow Tractor, Brett Session IPA - I wanted a gritty hop forward Brett session ale.
Low-Bush, Brett Belgian Blonde - Aged on Red Oak Honeycombs and Blueberries
Hold My Hand into the Sunset - A Brett C/Trois Tart Cherry mead blended with a Hibiscus Mead
- BJCP Judged America's Finest City 2015, Open Category Mead, 3rd Place
- BJCP Judged 40/50, 2015 NHC Austin, TX Region. Did not place.
- BJCP Judged 35/50, 2012 NHC San Diego, Ca Region
Silence at Midnight - Blueberries pitched in the finished Mead at 1.5# a gallon, aged on oak.
Silence at Midnight/They Call me Porter Braggot Blend - 2 Meads/Ales blended for NHC 2014.
- BJCP Judged 37/50, NHC 2014 Austin, Tx Region. 3rd Place Advancing to Nationals
- BJCP Judged 35/50, Second Round 2014 NHC in Grand Rapids
Dreg Series: 1 Gallon Sour Beers:
Loose Lips Lucy/Supplication - A simple American Style Wheat base with Russian River Supplication Dregs added.
Alroy Irish Red - A Blend of wild yeasts with Red Wine soaked oak added.
Farmers Daughter/Supplication - A very clean sour beer with lots of complex sour notes
Farmers Daughter/Temptation - Untasted at this time.
Solidarity Black Mild/Supplication - A complex malt bill and low starting gravity sour beer.
Little Bitch/Supplication Blend - Wild yeast blend in my 2nd Flanders Red style beer.